NICU: Visitation Guidelines
- Parents are welcome anytime – night or day.
- Visiting hours for all others are 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Visiting will be limited to parents (or those accompanying them) during rounds and nursing reports. Rounds occur from 8 – 10 a.m. and nursing report from 7 – 7:30 a.m. and 7 – 7:30 p.m. This is to respect the parent’s right for privacy.
- Everyone needs to sign in at the front desk of the NICU and talk to the secretary before entering.
- Two people at a time are allowed at the bedside due to limited space.
- Children under the age of 15, other than brothers and sisters, cannot visit. Brothers and sisters age two years and older are welcome to visit.
- Anyone who is sick or have symptoms of runny nose, cough or fever should not visit. Limiting visitors keeps the environment healthy for your baby.
- Hand washing is the best way to keep your baby well. Everyone entering the unit must wash their hands. It is okay to ask people whether they washed their hands before touching your baby.
- Visiting may be limited at times based on your baby’s condition or the condition of the unit.
- Your baby’s nurse will help you if you have special visiting needs.