Child Life Services hosts a variety of special events throughout the year and during the holidays.
Special Events provide:
- break from hospital routine
- opportunity for fun and exploration
- chances for children to feel less isolated
- family fun
- new media for hospitalized patients
- a chance for children to learn more about the world around them
- exposure to new talents and areas of interest to patients
Events are scheduled any day of the week/weekend/evenings and at various times of the day. Special events are scheduled for patients/families in the 8th floor playroom, teen lounge, garden and atrium. Some special events are broadcasted live over the hospitals CCTV Channel 7 or guests are able to visit with patients in their rooms for a more personable experience. Child Life Services works with several departments within the hospital to provide a meaningful experience for all patients. There are many regular scheduled events such as BINGO games, TOUCH Dogs, Recycle Project and Magic House Activities to name a few.
If you are interested in providing a special event, please complete the Special Event Request form below: