What to expect:
- 3 Hour Child Life 101 Informational Session
- Topics Covered:
- Role of a Child Life Specialist
- Child Life Interventions
- Path to becoming a Child Life Specialist
- Tour of St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Basic understanding of the field of Child Life
- Completion of the Child Life 101 Request
- 18 years of age or high school graduate
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If selected to attend, you will be required to sign a HIPAA confidentiality form.
- Please be prepared with questions for the child life specialists and come dressed in professional attire as well as in comfortable, close-toed shoes.
- Saturday November 21st, 2020 from 8:30-11:30 AM
- This class will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. More information will be provided after you are registered for the class.
- Check back soon for 2021 session dates!
- Child Life 101 does not meet ACLP course verification requirements and/or volunteer credit and contact hours, CEU's, or PDU's.
- Limited space available for each session. We will do our best to keep the dates as scheduled above, however, we do reserve the right to cancel sessions and will reschedule accordingly.
- Once your request has been received and processed, further information will be emailed regarding details and logistics of Child Life 101 sessions.
- Should you need special accommodations or assistance, please note on Child Life 101 form.
- Please email your Child Life 101 request and direct further questions regarding Child Life 101 sessions to Kayla Winking, CCLS at [email protected], or Brooke Helms, CCLS at [email protected]
Here is what you can expect:
- Tour of Child Life Services Areas
- 1 hour overview of school program
- Basic understanding of the profession you are shadowing
- Completion of the School Shadowing Application
- Complete a screening via telephone, if application is selected
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If selected to shadow, you will be required to sign a HIPAA confidentiality form.
- If selected to shadow please be prepared with questions for the staff member(s) you are shadowing. Also, please come dressed in professional attire as well as comfortable, close toed shoes.
The Expressive Therapies Educational Opportunity is intended for individuals interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the Expressive Therapies field, including Art Therapy, Dance/Movement Therapy, and Music Therapy. Participants will be given the opportunity to speak directly with an Expressive Therapist from the profession of their choice.
Participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of the profession, be at least a senior in high school, complete the Application Form, and comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Participants will be required to sign a HIPAA confidentiality form. Participants are expected to come prepared with questions and dressed in professional attire, including closed-toe shoes.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Expressive Therapies Educational Opportunity application to:
Julie Gant, ATR-BC, LPC at [email protected]
With further questions, please call 314.454.2758.