What to expect:
- 3 Hour Informational Session
- Topics Covered:
- Role of a Child Life Specialist
- Child Life Interventions
- Path to becoming a Child Life Specialist
- Tour of St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Basic understanding of the field of Child Life
- Completion of the Child Life 101 Request
- 18 years of age or high school graduate
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If selected to attend, you will be required to sign a HIPAA confidentiality form.
- Please be prepared with questions for the child life specialists and come dressed in professional attire as well as in comfortable, close-toed shoes.
Tuesday, February 7th 1:00-4:00
Thursday, April 13th 4:00-7:00
Wednesday, June 7th 8:30-11:30
Tuesday, August 15th 1:00-4:00
Saturday, November 18th 8:30-11:30
- All dates listed above will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams until further notice. More information will be provided after you are registered for the class.
- Child Life 101 does not meet ACLP course verification requirements and/or volunteer credit and contact hours, CEU's, or PDU's.
- Limited space available for each session. We will do our best to keep the dates as scheduled above, however, we do reserve the right to cancel sessions and will reschedule accordingly.
- Once your request has been received and processed, further information will be emailed regarding details and logistics of Child Life 101 sessions.
- Should you need special accommodations or assistance, please note on Child Life 101 form.
- Please email your Child Life 101 request form and direct further questions regarding Child Life 101 sessions to Mary Hecht, CCLS at [email protected]