Research is an integral part of the mission and purpose of St. Louis Children's Hospital. Nurses and Allied Health Professionals at St. Louis Children's Hospital recognize the importance of providing evidence-based practice (EBP) and their responsibility to contribute to scientific knowledge through the conduct and utilization of research. The application of the most current and best scientific knowledge as well as the discovery of new knowledge results in improved clinical outcomes and a Superior Patient Experience. The Research & EBP programs within the Department of Clinical Quality, Safety & Practice Excellence has resources to support you whether your interest is in evidence-based practice or in conducting research. Our services include:
- Assistance with research & EBP proposal development
- Grant proposal preparation
- Assistance with IRB application
- Project coordination & support
- Data management & resources for analysis
- Dissemination of results: Podium & Poster presentations, Publication guidance
- Research and EBP classes
The Research Fellowship and Faculty Collaborative Grants are generously supported by the St. Louis Children’s Hospital Foundation.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Steurer, PhD, RN, CPNP-PC at [email protected].